Baltimore County, Division 1
Our Charter dated 1975 reflects transfers from LAOH divisions in Baltimore City to form a new division, Baltimore County, Division 1 (Catonsville). After several moves in the area, we were offered meeting space at the Charlestown Retirement Community.
We presently have a total membership of thirty, ten of whom reside at Charlestown. Our membership consists of busy and involved women who have careers as teachers and business professionals, as well retirees who are engaged in volunteer work.
Our Catholic Action projects include making casseroles for Our Daily Bread. We periodically help during the lunch hour at Our Daily Bread, and we contribute regularly to their “Wish List”. Our special project is to visit the sick at the Care Center and whenever possible to transport them to Sunday Mass. We also support the Right to Life Movement.
The annual “Fruits of Our Labors” event at Charlestown is great fun. Each organization is asked to participate, and we Hibernians go all out. We have become famous for our Irish soda bread and potato candy!
Our meetings are held on the fourth Monday of the month at 7:00 PM at the Charlestown Community on Maiden Choice Lane. Come join us!
- President: Maureen Shettle
- Vice President: Mary Ellen Fisher
- Recording Secretary: Carol Koontz
- Treasurer: Katherine Kissel
- Financial Secretary: Jane Rogers
- Irish Historian: Kellie Hendley
- Catholic Action: Catherine Hirth
- Sentinel: Patricia Aiken
- Immigration & Education: Katherine Kissel
- Immediate Past President: Maureen Shettle